Wednesday, April 29, 2009

#2 For the Art Show Complete

I am so pleased to present to you this 12"x16" (30.4 cm x 40.6 cm) beautiful tree that I am so proud of. I love her! I had it in my mind that I had the perfect green (Indian batik jungle green) to compliment the beautiful paper I bought for the trees themselves. I wanted to do one piece where I really just made the tree my focus with no background to detract from it. I am contemplating the idea of putting a little bit of ground cover flowers like buttercups or tiny daisies but I may just leave well enough alone.
I am going to go back to finishing the big mountain/cherry blossom piece because the ideas for the next ones aren't fully formed yet.

I had my first job interview today! I was surprised at how well I kept my nerves in check. I just feel so rusty since I have been a stay at home mom for almost 2 years now and was only part time shortly before that. I wish I didn't have to go back, this wasn't part of the "plan" we but we have to do what we have to do these days don't we?! Last night I had to make a mad dash to the store as I realized while I did have pants to wear that I had no tops! Thankfully I was able to find something (and some nice new shoes on sale!) because I hate shopping for clothes...I'd much rather be buying craft supplies :o) I had a really good feeling about it and I think the interview went really well. I'll know something by Friday. Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job. I can't believe it- did you really glue down each and every one of those tine flower/leaves? Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dolores! Is it impressive or crazy?! :o) The answer is yes, but I find it kind of methodical and relaxing, kind of like doing a puzzle but without most of the frustration of trying to figure out where the pieces go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi shaina! this is FAB-U-LOUS!! you did an awesome job...you go girl!! glad your interview went well (and i can totally relate, i'd much rather be spending $ on crafts rather than clothes!). i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete