Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Phase 2 of new 18 x 24, Template and picking paper

I'll apologize in advance for the terrible photo quality. I am apparently not a photographer ;o)
This is drawing #2 for my new 18 x 24 and would be the one I consider my template. I drew this one at 9 x 12 so I could easily figure out the dimensions of the components in the picture. For example, in this picture the larger tree is approx. 4.5" x 6.5" so I doubled it and cut my paper. Mainly I do this because I don't have a proper work area and most of my paper comes in large sheets. You can't read any of it but in the sidebars there are notes about what papers I will be using for each component.
Here is a photo of all the paper I have on hand for this project and the canvas board I have already started.
I am still missing the paper for the larger mountain and the snow caps. I will have to get this paper before I start assembling anything so I will continue to work on cutting the components until I get it.
Sarah - I will post continual updates on this project. I had thought about doing it at some point and this seems like a great project to do it with.
I do not use embossing techniques at this time but I haven't ruled it out by any means. I do have a concern about how the embossing imprints would hold up when I apply the final coats of UV gloss and that it might just make the paper soggy and lose the texture. I will have to experiment with this at some point. I do however use a 2 ended, ball-tipped embossing tool for a lot of my assembling (it looks kind of like a pen). I find its a great little tool for giving the blossoms dimension, applying them to the piece and for tiny dots of paint in flower centers, etc. Handy little tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment