Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Lemonade Award

Thanks so much to Vania for nominating me for the Lemonade Award for great Attitude/Gratitude. Normally this would be the part where I pass this wonderful thought onto others. However I am so new to blogging that I haven't really built up a repore with many other bloggers yet and am not following enough blogs to reciprocate. To those of you I have communicated with or are quietly following my blog, I thank you from the bottom of my heart of showing your interest and following my work.

But to all of you out there....All you mothers (and fathers for that matter), crafters, artists and soul seekers I say keep at it. Keep putting your work and thoughts out there for others to find you. Its been a long road getting myself into the mindset of being part of the artist/crafter community and not just an outsider looking in with admiration. I am finding more and more that I am not so different from many of you and that's a nice feeling.

I find myself in a position I had hoped to never be in. I am just at the beginning of this path of following my passion and pursuing my dreams and now the reality of the economy is setting up a roadblock. My husband's industry is dead (construction) and he finds himself out of work for the first time in a decade, on the other hand, I used to work in accounting and there is always work.

As a highly emotional creature my first instinct was to mourn the death of my dream, the logical part kicking in says its not a death but an obstacle. The question is how do I balance work, my kids and my passion if I do, in fact, end up going back to work? I am now determined to find away...how can I give up on the dream now that I have allowed myself to pursue it?! I will find a way, I have to...for myself and for my kids. I want them to believe their dreams can come true if they just work at it. I have been lost for too many years to let go of the final missing piece from my life.

Keep dreaming and creating everyone! Your blogs and your work inspire me and feed my imagination! I'm off to make lemonade out of my lemons!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post, Shaina! Right on -- it's so easy when an obstacle juts out and blocks our pretty path to think that means the path ends. No, it just means the path gets a little more adventurous and hairy. And we feel all the more empowered when we keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kjersten! Its funny, now that I've made peace with it I actually feel a bit excited about the prospect. Just goes to show you we can make or break ourselves. Stay positive and moving forward or scared and self sabatoging. Tired of being the latter!

    ReplyDelete