Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Burnt out

So yesterday moved at a snails pace. My arm, shoulder and hand are sore from all the blossom work. I feel antsy and was not at all motivated to keep going. Break time.

Instead of doing nothing, I have begun planning out all my cards, gift boxes and smaller art pieces. Did a bit of sketching. After this big one, I think it will be time to work on some smaller pieces that are quicker to complete. I am getting ready to work on something other than trees and have been thinking a lot about art for kids rooms, etc. Getting excited by the ideas in my head. Slowly but surely an idea for a children's book has been brewing in my head but I am going to let that one progress naturely.

I also took some steps to ready myself for selling my stuff. I ordered boxes and envelopes for shipping my work from the post office and started figuring out my price points. This is a huge leap for me, its one thing to create its another to sell. I am a little bit terrified of how people will respond to my work or if anyone will bother to buy it. Its not why I make this stuff but what's the point of making it if its just going to sit in my closet and collect dust?! Thanks to all of you who follow and/or take the time to comment...it definitely helps.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shaina...thank you for stopping by my blog and fallowing me...I think your work is amazing and beautiful, and so delicate, so I'll stick around and fallow your progress too :) HUG !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shaina!! oh, i can so relate when you talk about being burnt out...i think that's why i do SO many different things...i get antsy working on one project for too long! your paper creations are beautiful and i'm happy for you that you're thinking about selling your work! i completely understand about being nervous...i get nervous every time i put something in my etsy shop AND post something on my blog!! thanks so much for all of your wonderful comments and support...they mean the world to me! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea:

    "The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls." ~ Pablo Picasso

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vesna, I found you through your lovely sister Vania's blog. What talented sisters! Thanks for checking out my work, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, You sure get it! I took a break, a great opportunity arrived and I started and finished a new piece in less than 2 days! I think the best part about the nerves before is it makes the after so much sweeter ;o) Just happy to be making the leap! And your comments mean just as much to me...so thanks! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catarine - That is exactly how I feel about it!!! Thanks for stopping by and sharing that quote, I have a feeling it will showing up on the walls of my little work space sometime soon!!!

    ReplyDelete