Thursday, April 16, 2009

Phase 4 - Glue, glue and more glue




Okay, this morning I made some progress and took some photos even though the glue is still wet. Yesterday I applied the snowcaps to the mountain cutouts. Very messy and tedious trying to get it all lined up right. The I glued them onto the canvas board once they were dry. This morning I added the road and started gluing on the grass. I did not glue the top grass panel all the way on in case I need to add more background and want to tuck it behind the panel. The trees are still not attached (just there for effect). I will be working on the background trees and foliage and the fence next. Oh, and adding details and shading to the two main trees will be in there somewhere before I glue them on. I haven't decided if I want the fence in front of the trees or behind yet but I am leaning more towards having it in the front. We'll see.
If you haven't noticed I did not curve the road like in the sketch. I realized that I am still not totally comfortable with proportion, etc. and didn't want to deal with the added stress of trying to figure out the different dimensions of the fence boards, etc. to make things appear bigger as the got closer. I figured since mountains, roads and fences are all new elements for me I would reign it in a bit until I study drawing more and feel more comfortable. Baby steps.
Once I get to the end of this project I will post close ups as well. The paper I used for the roads is actually cork paper and looks like tiny pebbles. The photographs don't do my pieces justice, you just can't see the texture and details. I choose papers to use based on colour, pattern and texture...texture being a HUGE part of it!

2 comments:

  1. Your artwork is coming along nicely and seeing the texture would be lovely (I know what you mean about photos not showing you the texture) - looking foward to seeing the finished project. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vania - Thanks so much!!! Super excited about this one as it comes along!

    ReplyDelete