Monday, April 13, 2009

Mountains, etc.














So the pieces are starting to come together although nothing is attached at this point. I just thought a picture of it with only the bare bones components would be helpful to see. I cut the mountains out of blue and gray papers to add depth. My next step is to add the snowcaps on the mountains before I attach to them to the canvas board so if any of them don't turn out right I can do it again. I plan on doing that tonight.

I may add some puffy white clouds in the sky but haven't made up my mind yet. If I do, I'll apply them to the sky before I glue on anything else. Then its messy time ;o) I will glue on the completed mountains, the dirt road and the grass next.

Once that's done it will be magic time and my favorite part...all the details! There will be another layer of foliage and background stuff between the mountains and the trees, the fence needs to go on, ground cover flowers in spotted areas, etc. Then the trees and ALLLLLLLL the blossoms and leaves on the trees. There are some details to figure out still but they will be based on how its looking as it comes along.

As they projects come together I seem to get more done in a shorter period of time, excitement = adrenaline = more productivity!







2 comments:

  1. hi shaina!! i have total admiration for you! to think how long it must have taken you to cut out that beautifully drawn tree...oh my goodness! i can't wait to see this finished...i know it's going to be beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lori! Stay tuned...getting close to assemblage, my favorite part!!!

    ReplyDelete