Friday, April 17, 2009

Note to self!

I am reminded today about how important it is for me not to get ahead of myself. Today I decided that before I put on any of the details that I am going to put the trees on and get the blossoms done (a very long, tedious process) before anything else. A little voice started nagging at me just before I started the process of gluing the trees on the canvas board and I remembered that I had not tested the tree paper beforehand. GOOD THING!!! This paper is hand painted, as soon as I touched the UV gloss to the paper I could tell the colour was running. No biggie - just have to UV gloss the trees carefully and let them dry BEFORE I glue them on so when I go to do the final coats of gloss they don't bleed onto the background! Phew!

Thankful for small nagging voices in my head today that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. oh, yes...i have that little nagging voice inside my head, too! you're smart, though, because you listen to yours (i don't always listen to mine!)! :)

    ReplyDelete