Friday, May 1, 2009

I got the job!

WOW! This beautiful May morning has brought me sunshine and a new job! I got it! Can't believe it.....finally we can breathe a bit easier in this crazy, scary economy! Only problem is I start on MONDAY...yes, this Monday! Talk about jumping in with both feet!

I was able to keep my Thursday open for the juried art show. I am freaking out a bit now about the time frame. I only have 2 fully completed, am working on the big 18x24 which I hope to have done by the end of the weekend. But then I need one or two more. Thankfully I had an epiphany moment yesterday and realized what I could do with a piece I gave up on awhile ago. Its 2/3's done! Yay! So I think I can have 4 pieces done but 5 might be a stretch...good thing they said 4 or 5!

Anyway I better get back! Lots to do in a very short period of time!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job. Please keep in mind "you can only do what you can do." Don't stress yourself out - it's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations shaina!! sending you a big WOO HOO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lori! Didn't realize just how heavy the weight on my shoulders was until it was lifted! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you to Dolores! And you're totally right, that's been a slow lesson for me to learn. Stressing doesn't get you anywhere except maybe backwards. I can only do what I can do.

    ReplyDelete