Thursday, May 7, 2009

Today's the day

Have I mentioned how tired I am? Between the new job and the art show I am exhausted. My biggest hope for today's art jury is that I don't get emotional...its been a long week and stress and exhaustion have a habit of leaking out of my eyes if you know what I mean!

Getting burnt out with all the changes did not help my situation for the art show. Last night as I sat at my little workspace I had a moment of reality, I could work all night and I still wouldn't finish, I was feeling bummed and then at light went on. I had wanted to enter a fall piece with a stormy sky but time was not on my side. It occured to me that I did have an old piece that I wasn't totally thrilled with but could probably fix up. So I went back and did some work on it and its now my 5th entry. I am also using another old piece that needed a bit of fixing up. I just ran out of time. Its not quite what I had hoped to enter but I decided that I need to do this regardless. The jury starts at 4:00 today!

I was also disapointed to find out that the pieces I have juried are the ones for the show. I thought since the show was so far away (November) that I could do some new pieces and spend A LOT of time on them. It is what it is.

Anyway, just a note to all to say that I will be posting pictures soon its just been a mad, mad, mad week! So glad I asked for today off as part of my hiring as I was up until 3:00 last night, felt like I had drank a bottle of tequila when I woke up and had to do my final gloss coats this morning.

Miss my blogging!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Shaina! I'm thinking of you today and sending good luck wishes. I'm sure you'll do really well. I hope the new job is going well too. Don't forget to have fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything worked out for you even if your submissions weren't the "perfect" ones you wanted to put in. De-stress, take a walk and as my daughter says "Breathe."

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is it about life that some things always seem to happen all at once?! it sounds like you did a great job of getting everything done...now you can stand back and enjoy all of your hard work! wishing you good luck and i know that everyone else will see the true beauty in your artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I just got back and will blog about it later. I can't wait to show you all what I busted out this afternoon right before the art show! Stay tuned...I am now going to go collapse for awhile!

    ReplyDelete