Monday, May 25, 2009

Remember me?

Hello blogging world...remember me? Finally a new project complete! I am slowly adjusting to this whole schedule thing. Working full time sure changes things! I am about to move on from trees for a little bit but I snuck this one in. I know its off season but I have only ever done Fall trees with stormy skies so I wanted to do one for those beautiful, barely a cloud in the sky kind of days.
I am getting ready for a whole new genre for me. I have stuck solely to branches an trees at this point but am feeling the urge to try something different. I am working on a set of two pieces for my daughters room. I plan on doing two mermaids, one sitting on a rock and one swimming through the water. I am going to keep many of the papers the same for both to keep them looking like a set. Pretty excited and a little bit aprehensive to dive into something so different but it will be fun no matter what. I may have to do some actual drawing with the faces and that always makes me nervous.
I am guessing that I will have other new pieces pop up before I finish either of these mermaids. I will need some new punch shapes for this one unless I come up with some brilliant plan using the tools I already have. Purchasing anything new is on hold for a little while. I have a lot of papers to play around with for these ones and doubt I will have to buy anything new and that's a great bonus.
I miss working on my crafts daily and checking my favorite blogs, etc. but I am happy at my new job and I know it will all come into balance after I give myself some time.
Take care all and happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I should have spelled checked my comment first lol...

    anyway, I was saying - You know how much I love your artwork - all those lovely trees and all the detail - but I think it is exciting that you will be doing something different and I so look forward to seeing your mermaids done in your special/unique style - cant wait - cheers Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are lovely! I'm sure the mermaid will be just as fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi shaina! so glad you like your new job! it's good to see you take some creative time for yourself...your tree is wonderful!! and...i know that your daughter will just LOVE her new mermaids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and leading me to yours. Your art is stunning - love it! I'll be back often... :) Silke

    ReplyDelete