Saturday, February 7, 2009

Second Flower - 11 1/2" x 11 1/2"


Loved the paper for the petals on this one much more than the last one. Used a natural, uneven, fibery paper. I only had to put 4 coats of modge-podge total on this one to get the desired texture and mallability and I really liked the way the glue affected the paper. The yellow center has a lot more dimension. I also like using the brown craft paper for the branch more than the previous flower, it gave it a more natural branch look. I was not overly thrilled with the way I painted the branch but will try something different next time. I did however make the mistake of using a wet glue to adhere the background paper to the cardboard I used as the backer and that caused the backer to bubble. Note to self - use spray adhesive to adhere full sheets of paper to anything that will absorb glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment