Monday, February 9, 2009

Cards




I always have a hard time translating my work onto something a little more commercial. I have a friend who makes beautiful cards, always simple but, man, does she know her colours, patterns, etc. and what will go with what! Sense the tiny bit of envy. Alas, I am not much of a card maker but I do find that they work best when I put what I do into them. Here are a couple of examples of the cards I have made using my trees (branches). They are 5 1/2"x 5 1/2" and I use brown, recycled kraft paper envelopes to go with them.

3 comments:

  1. I just ran across your blog and I love your art. It is so beautiful. I love working with paper- though I am an amature to say the least- I also draw a lot of lanscapes and trees-so your blog is an amazing combination of the art I love. I just thought I would say hello and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments! Means a lot to hear these things! I have only been at this since last year and LOVE IT! Feel like I have finally found my thing. Hope you come back! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete